Thursday, September 18, 2014
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Notice the melodic line:
- It goes up to high so & la and down low so
- There are steps and skips
- "Star in the sky" goes up
- "Baby's low cry" goes down
- While singing, students could move their hands up and down to the melodic line while they sing - they will keep busy!
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
The meter makes it feel like a rocking motion. Students could feel the 6/8 meter in 2 beats/measure and pretend they are rocking a baby.
FORM: While the form seems AB, you could easily divide section A into 2 sections. Divide the class into 2 groups. Half of the class sings, "When blossoms flowered...grateful earth rejoiced."
The other half sings, "The angels sang, the shepherds sand... exultation voiced."
All sing "O come let us adore Him..."
Ask: Which group sang the higher notes? (Answer: the second group)