click

Monday, February 18, 2013

Three Little Muffins - chant

I love using this song with Kindergartners when I teach about voices. We add motions, of course.




Three Little Muffins in the bakery shop
(whispered) You know the kind with the honey and the nuts on the top.
Along came a boy with a penny to pay,
Bought one muffin and ran away.

And there were two little muffins in the bakery shop,
(whispered) You know the kind with the honey and the nuts on the top.
Along came a boy with a penny to pay,
Bought one muffin and ran away.

And there was one little muffin in the bakery shop,
(whispered) You know the kind with the honey and the nuts on the top.
Along came a boy with a penny to pay,
Bought one muffin and ran away.

And there were no little muffins in the bakery shop,
(whispered) You know the kind with the honey and the nuts on the top.
Along came a boy with a penny to pay,
And he said: "What?! No muffins?!" (Say with a "calling" voice.)

3 comments:

  1. I love this chant. My kindergarten students loved this song. The only downside was that they liked it so much, they wanted to do it every music class. I had to ween them off of it.

    It was published in my textbook series, that's how I first discovered it. Now, I'm at a new school and I don't have that same series, so I'm glad you posted it, so I can remember it and use it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know if this is a folk song or if someone wrote it (who)? It is such a cute chant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't this a great chant? The kids always LOVE it! This was listed as "anonymous" in the book I got it from.

      Delete